Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stormy Weather Ahead.........





Well, it's been a very long time since my last post. We have been crazy busy around the Robert's house the last couple of months. The holidays are always busy, but we celebrate 7 different birthdays of immediate family members between the months of November and January. Four of those are in my house!! Since my last post Cliff turned 35, Rhys turned 4, Maggie turned 1, and Turner turned 8!! Looking back on last year...I just wonder where the time has gone. We have all taken a beating with colds and ear infections this winter. I am definitely looking forward to warmer weather to come. Turner is about to finish with basketball season and Rhys is about to start baseball/Tball. Maggie insists on breaking in 4-5 teeth at a time these days so she is very restless at night. It's been so much fun watching each child become their own.....their own distinct personalities and facial expressions. They are all sooooo very different, but similar in some ways. I have completely enjoyed Maggie's first year. I was able to take advantage of the first three months of her life and stay home with her (thanks Cliff). It has been as close to "normal" as I could have hoped for. I "missed" that with Turner because of his heart surgery and all the weeks in the hospital and MD appointments for the next year. It didn't slow him down, but it slowed me down quite a bit!! Rhys was this beautiful healthy chunky little boy! He didn't have any problems; however, I had some medical issues during our maternity leave so I couldn't thoroughly enjoy our time off together. He is such a loving child (physically and mentally challenging, but loving)! So Maggie and I had the opportunity to really enjoy our time together. She is such a spunky little thing. I do believe she is going to give all of us a run for our money! We are excited about what the Lord has in store for us in the future years to come. So, regarding the weather forecast in the title......Maggie was born with an enlarged right kidney. All hopes and prayers were that it would resolve itself without intervention. It has not. So last week following a renal scan (which is a lot of fun with a 1 year old, but I do not recommend running out and doing it), it was determined that Maggie needed surgery to remove the blocked section of her right ureter (the tube that connects the kidney to the bladder). This is scheduled for March 19. We will be in the hospital about 3 days, so if anyone is in the area, we would love to see a friendly face. We KNOW everything is going to be okay. We have been rushed with memories of Turner's surgery, hospitals, doctors, needles, holding baby down.......the storm. We know it's coming, we are preparing, we don't want it to come, we're gonna get wet....we would rather stay nice and dry and warm! We know we have to do this or it will mess up her kidney.....we just don't wanna! We know for a fact without a shadow of a doubt that..."The Will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us." So just be thinking about us the next month.....we need calmness and peace..............Have a wonderful 2009! I know we will!

2 comments:

Just the 2 of us said...

Sheri just let me know which hospital and I'll be there! I know Turner's time at the hospital is different than Madison's was-nevertheless. I know how it is being in the hospital day in day out for days on end. There is solace in the fact that Heavenly Father is there protecting/gaurding/watching us. As well as having family for whom you can rely on mentally and physically. I'll be there for you because I love you and not just because we are family!!!!

Anonymous said...

You need to let that girl out! Papa.